Thursday, March 18, 2010

Thinking about replacing Truck

When I bought my truck 9 years ago I knew it would not be the best 'family' vehicle.  But I loved the way it looked and had absolutely no prospects of a relationship in the near future so it didn't really matter.  How was I supposed to know I was going to meet Stephanie later that year?

Anyway, back on topic.  Truck has been great.  I have never had any major problems with him and have loved every minute of owning him.  (Yes, Truck is a he.)  I had always wanted a truck.  Growing up I didn't have a car until my senior year in high school and the only reason I got a car then was because the insurance company told my parents that their car was totaled so my dad bought a new one.  Allstate then changed their mind and fixed the old one.  Voila!  Three-Car-Family.

I loved that Sunbird.  Four cylinders of mid-sized sedan goodness.  We put 177,000 miles on it and my dad got $1000 when he traded it in 1997.  Not bad since he only paid about $9000 for it new in 1989.

After the Sunbird went to greener pastures, my parent's 1995 Beretta became mine.  Now this was a different animal.  Red paint, two doors and six cylinders got me into a lot of trouble over the years.

In 2002, I traded in the Beretta on Truck.  The first vehicle I ever picked out for myself.  Black paint and four-wheel drive.  Fantastic.  I am going to be very sad to see it go.  In fact,  I have held onto it longer than some in my family *ahem* Steph *ahem* would have liked.

I have loved different things about all three of these vehicles.  If only there was a way to keep them all with me...

So to recap:
White Four-door Pontiac
Red Two-door Chevy Car
Black Four-door Chevy Truck

That only leaves one option.


Black Four-door Chevy Car



No comments: