Friday, March 19, 2010

Perspective...

So today has pretty much sucked.  I am talking about the type of day where computers die just because you walked by.  Not a great place to be when you are paid to keep them running.  In the middle of all of this funk someone asked me how my day was going.

"It's Friday," I responded.

"Is that good or bad?" came the question.

"The day has sucked but it doesn't matter; it's the last one this week."

Later I realized how true that is.  I can put up with a lot of stuff when there is a visible end to the madness.  It is the wow-i-can't-handle-this-and-tomorrow-looks-worse kinda days that are overwhelming.

I love my job.  I really do, so don't take this the wrong way but I would rather have a horrific Friday than a middle-of-the-road Monday.

No comments: