Thursday, March 31, 2011

OCD

So, I'm not sure of the exact definition of obsessive compulsive disorder. I have talked about it with my friends in counseling/ psychology and I think it does involve a behavior or thought that inhibits you from just living life because you focus so much on this one thing.
I obsess about these things:
1. wanting my house to appear clean to others (ha ha- notice I didn't say wanting it to be actually clean, although I do get that way when I'm alone in the house.)
2. about my weight. It's always on the forefront of my mind. How to lose weight. That I need to lose weight. The fact that I don't like the way I look post-pregnant (not that it was any better before, so I can't blame Kaitlyn on this one). The fear that this will always be a struggle.
3. Ok this is so silly and Micah has told me 100 times not to worry about this. But I worry that I somehow made Kaitlyn's head crooked. She tended to lay more on the left side of her head initially and now, I feel like her ears aren't even and it's my fault! She's awesome and perfect just the way she is - so this one, I definitely need to let go.
4. Money. Ugh. Constantly thinking about it. Sometimes worrying about it. Always planning with it. God has certainly brought me to a place of faith and trust in Him with my ability to quit my job (and yes, we have plenty to pay our bills and have some extra, so it really doesn't require faith for most people, but it does for me who is used to a large surplus).
Most people pay off their credit card bill monthly (or at least make the minimum payment.) Well, doing it once a month isn't good enough for me. So instead, I pay it off multiple times each month- whatever the balance is- online. So I may make 4 or 5 credit card payments a month because I just can't stand to have a balance on it. I pay bills as soon as they come in the mail instead of waiting until they are due. That has to be OCD right?? Angela, Kathryn...help me out here. Do I need some counseling?!

No comments: