Thursday, March 31, 2011

Home Alone/ Vacation

So I've found that I'm not a huge fan of being home alone. While it does have its perks (i.e. control over the remote), most of the time, I just miss my hubby! He's away on his second business trip in the past month. This is very unusual for us, because in our 7 years of marriage, there have been very few nights we've been apart, and those were because I went to a conference. How the tables have turned!
It makes me realize that I'm a grown woman and I need to get over not wanting to be alone.
It makes me appreciate what single moms have to do.
When he's gone to Vegas, it also makes me realize how ready I am to take a trip somewhere. I don't think Vegas is ideal for a 9-month old, but surely there is a good, family-friendly place to go that is reasonably priced and within driving distance. I'm trying to plan a May trip and it has been a bit frustrating. My parents offered a week of their time share, so that almost makes endless options of places to go, but very few places that are available for the week I'm wanting to go in May (and it seems the options get less as the date approaches.) I think the fall-back plan is to use my parents' mountain home- which is lovely- and then just do a weekend trip somewhere close by to see something different. That's one of my things with vacation- some people like to re-visit the same place every year for the rest of their lives. Not me. I like to see different things. I'd like to travel to all 50 states and all of the European countries one day.
If we want to use the RCI timeshare week somewhere cool, we need to plan WAY in advance next time. So, instead of planning my May trip, I'm now having to focus on where I really want to go in the summer of 2012. Meanwhile, it's almost April. Maybe we'll get a good last-minute deal?!

No comments: