Sunday, March 20, 2011

Clothes

So I finally went shopping today for the first time in probably two years. My mom and grandmother have bought me some clothes. I bought a few maternity outfits with gift cards, but this is the first time I went in search for normal clothes for myself. Kaitlyn tagged along and was rather good considering how bored she must have been.

I didn't even know how to navigate Dillard's and which section to look in. I had a $50 Dillard's gift card that did not get spent because I was so frustrated with their selection. They don't seem to have a good variety for people around age 30. They have the teen section and a bunch of old lady stuff. Some of their "designer" stuff is way too expensive for this girl. So needless to say, I had no luck in Dillard's. Maybe I'll go back and buy some shoes there.

Then I went to Express and found several shirts I liked- 2 casual and 2 I could wear to work. They were a bit pricey, but were buy one, get one 1/2 off. I guess I shouldn't worry about cost too much since I shop so rarely and we just got a nice tax return.

I ended up in Penney's. (I know mom- I always said I wouldn't shop there when I grew up!) I'm not even sure if Capri's are still in style since I don't know much about style, but I did get a few pair and another top. I had a $25 gift card to spend there.

I think I'm set for awhile. Mom said we may go shopping when she is here next week, so perhaps I'll find a few more summery clothes and not feel so frumpy.

When I got home, I was in one of my "cleaning moods," which don't come all that often lately, so I must take advantage of it! I took all the maternity stuff out of the closet and put it in the guest room, got rid of about 25 items, and threw a few things away that nobody should be wearing. Maybe I'll get in a spring cleaning mood and get rid of a lot more stuff we don't use or need. Some of the outfits I finally parted with, I realized I had not worn in 6+ years. My friend Lisa would say shame on me for keeping them so long!

3 comments:

Mandy said...

you can consign those maternity clothes at JBF this weekend or Smarty Pants then you have more shopping money :)

stephanie said...

That's true- but I might need them again! I don't think we'll stop at 1. That's why I have such a hard time getting rid of clothes- I feel like I just might need them again for some reason.

Natalie Ward said...

Capris are still in.. take it from a fashion queen!