Friday, October 22, 2010

Butterflies

Butterflies.
They remind me of life, new life.  I decided to do Kaitlyn's bedding in butterflies and flowers.  Red, of course, because I'm not a pink person.  The scripture that came to mind when I think of newness of life is John 10:10.  "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life and have it to the full."  In the past, I have preferred just the second part of that verse.  I have the whole verse framed in her room.

Since Kaitlyn was born, I have struggled with this fear of death- her death.  I don't fear my own, or at least didn't before becoming a mom, yet I am constantly battling fear of her death.  I think that is why the Lord gave me this scripture awhile back.  I almost forgot about it.  The Lord has promised me he would protect Kaitlyn's life.  He watches over her when I can't.  He is her ever-present help in times of trouble.  He is emmanuel- God with us.  He will never leave her or forsake her.  I believe that.

Butterflies.  Do you know what God has done to reiterate his promise to me?  I keep seeing butterflies everywhere!  I see them as I drive, when I walk, and when we're out in the yard.  It's just a tangible reminder of his love for me and my baby.  He promises fullness of life.  God loves to speak to us.  It's fun when he does it in unique ways.

How has the Lord spoken to you recently?

No comments: