Friday, October 22, 2010

4 Months!

It's hard to believe my little angel is already 4 months old.  How time flies!  I'm loving every second we get to spend together.  It is such a privilege to be her mom.  She is SUCH a good baby.  I hate to brag- but she is, so I'm going to say it!

We went for her 4-month check-up yesterday, about a week after she turned 4 months.
She is now 25 1/2 inches tall.
She weighs 17.45 pounds!  (I don't think she looks that big unless you look at her thighs!)

I can't believe how quickly she has gained weight.  I was a fat baby and so was my mom, so I guess it runs in the family.  I certainly don't worry about breaking her anymore!  I asked the doctor if I should be concerned, and he said, "no since she is growing along her growth curve and started out as a fairly large baby."  He thinks she will even out when she starts to move more.  He calls her "appropriately chunky."
I think we will wait to start solids (rice cereal) because she seems to be doing just find with breast milk alone.  She is doing better about taking bottles, but still prefers mom, if given the choice.

Her personality is really coming out.  She is fairly laid back most of the time.  Content.  She rarely cries, and when she does, it is certainly not for long.  She cried for about 15 seconds when she got her shots yesterday.  She continues to be very observant and has been almost since the first week she was alive.  She loves to watch people.

Kaitlyn has been battling allergies.  I have a theory that she may be allergic to cats.  The two times she has had reactions, she was in close contact with cats.  The doc said that was possible, but not to completely avoid cats at this point.  It could also be the weather change, high ragweed counts, the fact that both of her parents suffer from seasonal allergies.  Who knows!  All I know is that it's so hard to have a sick baby.  Especially when she has fever and seems like she can't breathe through her nose.  She's finally not congested anymore (13 days after the initial attack.)

I think she is going to be a talker.  She likes to hear her voice.  She is doing a lot of vocal play with mostly vowels and some consonants.  I swear it almost sounds like she says "mama" when she is frustrated.

Kaitlyn has discovered her feet.  She loves to grab them and play with them.  She is close to rolling over onto her tummy.  She is also starting to scoot just a little bit while on her tummy (but I bet it will be awhile before she is really crawling.) She is sitting up better and better each day.

In the past week, she has laughed for the first time.  Such a sweet sound.

This weekend, she will get to go to her first Baylor Homecoming.  We are taking her to Bonfire tonight and to the parade in the morning.  Hopefully, it won't rain on us tomorrow!

Here are some recent pictures.



 Love her expression here.  This dress was given to her by cousin Claire.  We have her infant dedication at the church on 11/14 and I hope it still fits, so she can wear it then!
 After lifegroup one night, she actually took a pacifier! It was worth taking a picture of.  This is a very rare occasion, but luckily, most of the time she doesn't need it.
 She hasn't quite learned how to jump in it yet.

 Go Baylor!  Hope we get to a bowl game.  Micah says he is going if Baylor makes a bowl game- and I can go with him if I want! Ha!

 At Starbucks in College Station on our way back from Houston.  

 Mandy gave us lots of 6-month clothes including this cute bear hat.  We were trying it out for the big debut at Homecoming.

1 comment:

Natalie Ward said...

Oh my goodness that last picture and the picture of the baylor outfit... SO CUTE... She is such a sweet baby... You are such a good mama...