Thursday, August 11, 2011

Update

Well, it's been forever since I've updated our blog. Our computer crashed a while back when trying to upload a ton of pictures from our vacation. Then we got busy! It's catch up time-

Kaitlyn's princess birthday party on 6/11 was a success. Unfortunately several of her little friends were out of town, but at her age, she doesn't notice yet, so that's good! She loved being the center of attention. We had family come in from Austin and Louisiana to attend.

For two weeks in June, I watched my nephew, Hunter, while Joshua and Melissa were on a mission trip. It was lots of fun and quite challenging at times (two take much more time, effort and patience than one!). Overall, he adjusted very well considering his parents were out of the country. Kaitlyn enjoyed having "Hunta" with us and learned her first three word sentence: "No, no Hunta!" There are tons of pictures from our two week adventure together. I'll have to share some of them on the next post.

The third week in July, Kaitlyn and I visited my parents and grandparents in Louisiana. We had a wonderful time, ate well (while still staying in the boundaries of my new "diet"), and most importantly, she got to know them better.

The last week in July, I was scheduled to work at Providence to cover someone's vacation. I got a call the Friday before, saying that it was really slow and they wouldn't need me much. I worked half days and it was fun to see everyone, as well as help a few patients. Providence speech therapy is now fully staffed, so they won't be needing me much other than for help on the weekends. Our weekends are so busy for the rest of the year that I'm not going to be able to help much!

Stay tuned for pictures. Hopefully we haven't lost our readers after not posting in almost 3 months!

No comments: