Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Daily Schedule



So I've been asked by my high school friends what I do all day as a SAHM (Stay At Home Mom). Well, I don't get bored, I can tell you that! It depends on the day, but usually we go walking, and do another outing that day (mall, museum, zoo if it's not too hot, visit friends, splash park, library). Kaitlyn is still napping twice at 9 and 1. She is now napping with "baby" (my baby Lindsey from when I was little).

For structured playtime, we read books, work with letters on the fridge, play with potato head and work on body parts, identify vocabulary around the room, play outside, sing appropriate songs (wheels on bus, old mcdonald), or just try to carry on a conversation. I know that is difficult for Kaitlyn's age, but she is really talking well. She has a great vocabulary, but still has difficulty pronouncing many words, (nack/ snack, dough/ go, uh/ up) which is totally normal. She has already said a few 4-word sentences, "I sit in chair, I need a nack (snack). " I know- I can't believe it either!

Sometimes, we just stay home, I get the dishes, laundry, house cleaning done. We go to the grocery store usually on Mondays. It is just nice to have the weekends free to have fun, spend time as a family and to be able to do the house stuff during the week. Kaitlyn has her own vacuum cleaner and broom/ dustpan in order to "help" me clean.

I am often asked if I miss work. I do miss some of the children and families I worked with. I do miss my co-workers (and go visit them fairly often). I certainly did enjoy my profession and intend to get back to it at some point, but no- I do not miss it overall. I am absolutely sure that right now, I am supposed to stay home with Kaitlyn and there is no place I would rather be. There is a certain freedom that you experience when you feel like you are in the center of God's will for your life- whatever that place may be.


No comments: