Thursday, May 05, 2011

Royal Wedding Party

Last Friday night, I thought it would be fun to host a royal wedding watching party. I recorded 10+ hours of footage on the royal wedding (don't worry, we only watched 4 hours of it!) and invited my closest friends to attend.
We had a 6 course meal that is similar to what the Brits would serve with their afternoon tea. On the menu: tomato basil soup, spinach strawberry salad, chicken salad sandwiches, broccoli quiche, cantaloupe (my addition), chocolate chip scones, and homemade shortbread cookies. We had a variety of teas as well, but most people were too full after all the food to think about tea!
Even the skeptics, who only attended for the food/ fellowship, seemed to have a good time watching the wedding. It was quite an elaborate affair. I was super excited to use my china for the second time ever!
I think that deep down, in every girl's heart, we have a desire to be a princess, like Kate.





No comments: