Thursday, May 05, 2011

Joyce Meyer book

I just finished a book by Joyce Meyer that a started a couple of months ago. I'm proud of myself for finishing a book considering how many I'm in the middle of currently.

Here are main points from the book that I thought I'd share with whoever reads our blog:
1. Eat the cookie- buy the shoes! The cookie is only a symbol for doing something that you like, enjoy and don't feel guilty about it. Don't let the workaholic in your life make you feel guilty either.
(For me, I want to read more, get back into my music, be there for my daughter, possibly write a children's book, learn to stop and smell the roses)
2. If you don't know what you enjoy because you haven't taken the time to enjoy much of anything in your life (this is me apart from vacation)...then start experimenting and find out. You may even have to develop interests, but whatever you need to do, do it and refuse to live w/o celebration.
3. Reward yourself for progress and stop punishing yourself for failure.
4. Learn to lighten up! Don't be so intense about life's problems or challenges. Learn to co-exist with them joyfully, as they aren't going to go away.
5. Celebrate discipline because it is your friend, not your enemy.
6. Discipline yourself to celebrate, because God loves a party!
7. Celebrate you because you are worth it!
8. Celebrate Jesus because He is the absolute greatest and most awesome gift that we have.

No comments: