Friday, August 06, 2010

Fear versus Faith

I have found that being a parent brings in a whole new element of fear that I never knew before.  Is Kaitlyn still breathing?  If she doesn't burp, will she spit up?  Will she choke on her spit up?  If she goes outside, will she get too hot?  If people touch her, will she get sick?  Is her head going to be uneven to the point that she will have to wear a helmet?  The list goes on and on.  I even had one night where I stayed up for 30 minutes worrying about her and whether she would be okay.  If you know me, that is very unusual.  Most of the time when my head hits the pillow, I'm asleep.

I guess I have a choice.  Do I give in to this fear?  Do I become a "worrier"?  I never have been one before really, and especially not since I have been walking with the Lord the past 10 years.  Or...do I choose faith.  Do I choose to trust the Lord with this little life?  He gave her to us and I don't think he wants to take her away just yet.  I have to trust the God loves her more than I do.  That he is her protector and her shield.  I cannot always be with her and always be watching her.  But Jesus can.  And He does.  I can trust Him because He is good.  So I choose to walk in faith for Kaitlyn's sake.  I choose to not have a spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind (2 Tim 1:7).

2 comments:

Natalie Ward said...

I like this post!

Joyce said...

Honey!!!!!!! I love the post! You are such a faith walker.